These Christmas Chocolates Box Recipes are for you who is tired of all the Christmas cookies and would rather just make a lot of exciting chocolates! Every year I gift an assortment of delicious chocolates, from white to milk to dark, to filled and not filled. I'm positive you will find your favorite here too!
You can make as many or as few as you want, or just one to keep it simple. I often go for 7 varieties (8 in these photos), but that also takes me about 12 hours to make. However, if you split it into a weekend, with several little or big helpers, then it's not so bad. And it's fun - but most of all it's delicious!
And yes, I make so many because I want them too, so if you think you'll be giving them all away. Think again. It's so hard to resist a snappy chocolate filled with salted caramel or a peppermint filling. Trust me.
My perfect ratio of chocolates
So I want my Christmas chocolates box to have enough variety. That is why I want to mix and match between white, milk and dark chocolate. Snappy chocolates with creamy filling (aka Belgian pralines), some with a soft center and some without a center. Some truffles for creamy texture, and/or some fudge for chew.
- White chocolate - e.g., white chocolate filled with raspberry jam
- Milk chocolate - e.g., chocolates filled with salted caramel and/or almond crunch milk chocolates
- Dark chocolate - most other chocolates
- Truffles - for example coffee chocolate truffles or peppermint cream cheese filled truffles
- Fudge - like orange chocolate fudge
Apart from this, I also have to have the classic chocolate pairings;
- Salted caramel
So you see how easy it is to get at least 7-8 chocolates in my chocolate box? I am also always trying something new every year, as I can't seem to help myself. So whenever I find some new treats, I'll add them to this list!
So tell me, which one is your favorite?
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me @thegingerwithspice on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later! To make sure you’re never missing another recipe, please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter. As a thanks you will receive a free e-cookbook Travels Through the Seasons, with many delicious recipes from around the world that suit different seasons of the year.
In order to keep the blog up and running this post may contain affiliate links, it will be at no extra cost to you, please read the disclosure for more information.
Did you like this round-up? Here are more recipe round-ups I think you would enjoy:
- 16 Holiday sparking peppermint recipes - to get you in the Holiday spirit
- 25 jolly Christmas cookies - we always need Christmas cookies too!
- Thanksgiving for two - including grocery store planner, oven schedule and all the recipes you need
- 7 Thanksgiving leftovers recipes - how to use above recipes in completely new dishes
- 11 refreshing whiskey cocktails - originally for St. Patrick's Day, but honestly, I drink the Penicillin all year round
- 6 inch cakes and other small batch desserts - sometimes we aren't a crowd, but still want delicious dessert!
Again, don't forget to Pin it!